A Vision of Excellence
Palomares aims to provide an education of excellence that instills a passion for life-long learning while preparing students for the challenges of tomorrow. Palomares enhances students' self esteem, helps them discover and maximize their individual potential, and guides each to respect and accept human diversity.
A Small School with Great Spirit!
Palomares School is dedicated to challenging students to rigorous standards and providing a school climate where students achieve their fullest potential in a unique learning environment. Our vision of striving for excellence, instilling a commitment to lifelong learning, developing an appreciation for diversity, and becoming a responsible citizen is embraced by staff, students, parents, and our local community.
- 2022 Pivotal Practice Award
- 2015-16 Gold Ribbon Honor
- 2012, 2008 and 2004 California Distinguished School
- 2006 Just For The Kids Honor Roll School Award
- 2005 National Blue Ribbon School
- Highly-qualified teachers
- Music, Science, Intervention and Physical Education Specialists
- Instructional support in Language Arts and Mathematics
- Fine Arts curriculum including Fine Arts Festival, Art in Action and Spring Fling and Art Show
- Classroom computers and Model Technology Classroom
- Library with over 5,800 books
- State-Of-The-Art Science Center
- Nationally recognized integrated science curriculum utilizing Palomares watershed
- Active and dedicated parent community
The scenic areas that surround the school and the Palomares Creek Restoration Project have become essential components in the school’s enriched science-based curriculum. Students work and apply classroom concepts in the outdoor learning laboratory: collecting, recording and organizing data, performing mathematical computations and developing their own hypotheses and conclusions based on their research.
Palomares School is conveniently located just minutes from downtown Castro Valley and is easily accessible from communities along the I-580 corridor.